So we went to Beauty Mart on the 3rd floor at Harvey Nichols to
check out Baby Belle the brilliant new body buffer
and Belle Apres Contouring Creme
as devised by all time original supermodel Nancy Donahue and
her gorgeous business partner Susan Anton Pasanen.
Susan Anton Pasanen, Nancy Donahue and Jenny Palmer
at Beauty Mart Harvey Nichols
We tried the babyBelle which looks really cute
with its orange grosgrain bow, and it feels heavenly
on your muscles reaching deep down to massage
and soothe the tissues and ease any aches and pains.
The Apres Contouring Creme smells divine
with blended gingko biloba, olive leaf,white
green and red teas,
together with the softening, firming,
toning and antioxidant properties of
grape seed, sunflower,
sweet almond and shea butter
enriched with vitamin E and vitamin B3.
Above: babyBelle and Belle Apres Contouring Creme £295
The Birth of babyBelle ...
Nancy Donahue was intrigued when a friend told
her that her massage therapist had used a device
to help soften her tissues after undergoing liposuction.
Donahue, a Fitness Director and Triathlete who often suffered from sore muscles,
used the device and discovered it not only soothed her muscles,
it had an important side effect: it helped diminish the appearance of cellulite.
Donahue saw the device’s potential for the athletic,
spa and wellness markets as well as the burgeoning
beauty tool industry, and consulted with her friend, a top plastic surgeon,
about how the device could be redesigned for home use.
After four years of development by M.I.T and Harvard engineers
and input from four top Boston Doctors,
the HoneyBelle bodybuffer launched in January 2010.
Above: HoneyBelle body buffer
Specifically for the men’s and women’s fitness market,
a Fit version of both HoneyBelle® and babyBelle®
was launched Summer 2012 due to enthusiastic feedback
and demand from Marathon, Ironmen and triathlete participants.
HoneyBelle® captured the attention of the beauty,
wellness and athletic markets,
as there was nothing else like it available.
It soon became clear that a ‘travel version’
was needed, small enough to take to the gym,
Pilates, yoga classes or to take on vacation,
and so babyBelle® was born.
Susan Anton Pasanen and Nancy Donahue
Like its big sister HoneyBelle®, babyBelle® is a breakthrough
beauty/wellness device designed to provide
on-the-go maintenance for controlling the
appearance of cellulite and providing instant
deep soft tissue massage for sore aching muscles,
and, although smaller than HoneyBelle®, it’s strong enough to do the job!
“It’s an easy regime to maintain, as simple as brushing your teeth.
There is nothing else like it available in the market.
Use it 5 minutes twice a day as a cellulite treatment,
or before and after exercise to first warm up,
and then relax sore muscles” says Donahue.
“You will notice a dramatic improvement in the
appearance of your skin and the feel of your
muscles after a short period of time.”
70% of women clinically tested found a significant
improvement in the appearance of their cellulite after
using HoneyBelle bodybuffer for just 30 days
when used as directed. babyBelle®
maintains the improved appearance in the skin
obtained by using HoneyBelle®, while away from home,
as well as massaging sore muscles after work outs or exercise.
How Random Orbital Oscillation Works to Relieve Muscle Soreness.
The bodybuffers are effective, powerful muscle massagers
for athletes such as runners, dancers, cyclists,
Pilates and yoga enthusiasts, whose demands of daily routines
and training invariably lead to intra-muscular build up
of metabolic waste such as lactic acid,
resulting in prolonged muscle soreness.
When this waste is removed, recovery is accelerated
and performance goes up.
The bodybuffers strong vibrations can
penetrate the deep soft tissues, small
and large muscle groups, enhance blood
and lymphatic flow and thereby help dissipate metabolic waste products.
For best results, use the bodybuffer before and after workout routines
on a relaxed muscle: Different positions will allow
you to relax the individual muscle groups targeted,
such as the buttocks-gluteal muscles, thighs-quadriceps and hamstrings, calf-gastrocnemius and soleus and arm-triceps and biceps.
How Random Orbital Oscillation Works on Cellulite.
By applying a standardized, controlled oscillation
massage to the affected areas, circulation of blood and lymph
are greatly enhanced, fat cells can be broken down, and thickened,
tight septa stretched or disrupted preventing
them from forming the dimples so characteristic of cellulite.
them from forming the dimples so characteristic of cellulite.
Random Orbital Oscillating Energy Benefits.
Increases microcirculation and tissue oxygenation.
Facilitates flushing out of metabolic waste products in stressed muscles.
Enhances lymphatic drainage and decreases abnormal water retention/tissue swelling
Breaks up unseemly collagen bridges and dimples characteristic of cellulite.
- Enhances collagen function, diminishing the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines andstretch marks.
Enhances skin elasticity, smoothes the feel and appearance of skin surfaces.
- Enhances uptake and penetration of Après Contouring Crème applied after use.(Do not use the bodybuffer on your head, face, front or back of neck-cervical spine or breasts. Do not use if taking powerful blood thinners. If pregnant, consult your Physician before using)Après Contouring CrèmeA total body moisturizer for men and womenwith firming and toning action.Softening oils of grape seed, sunflower,sweet almond and shea butter give theAprès Contouring Crème its unique texture.Natural olive based squalane is highly effectivein decreasing dryness and scaly skin.It also creates a hydrating barrier to reduce transdermal water loss.Extracts of gingko biloba and olive leaf, blended with white,green and red teas, offer a high level of anti oxidantproperties to harness free radicals. Enriched with vitamin E and vitamin B3 (niacine) which are critical to skin repair.It also contains Glaucine which stimulates lipolysis,diminishes fat cells and the dimpled appearance of cellulite.This vegetable-based crème will ensureoptimal results when applied after using BelleCore bodybuffers.
- Nancy is the daughter of a lawyer and philanthropist mother and grew up in Lowell
- Massachusetts as one of eleven children. She was discovered by Mademoiselle magazine after winning a modelling competition and appeared in the August 1978 edition. She featured on the cover of 10 more issues of the magazine and signed up with Elite NY at 18.
- Donahue worked alongside Kim Alexis, Carol Alt, Janice Dickinson, Paulina Poriskova and the legendary and much loved Gia Carangi (below)Donahue was on the cover of American Vogue, French Vogue,Vogue Italia, British Vogue, Italian Bazaar, Mademoiselle,Self, Redbook, Glamour and the New York Timesand was the face of Helena Rubenstein's campaign and Virginia Slims.She did the Paris Collections with Gia Carangi, Joan Severance and Kelly LeBrock,and worked with photographers including Francesco Scavullo,Irving Penn, Steve Landis, Arthur Elgort,Denis Piel and Patrick Demarchelier.She co-authored One on One with her former husband model Jeff Aquilonpublished by Simon and Schusterabout two people giving to each other physically and emotionally.
- Above: Nancy Donahue photographed by Denis PielAbove: Jeff Aquilon photographed by Bruce WeberUntil next time J Xx